cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

"Download from the web" option always fails

Our product has two pre-reqs: the .NET Framework 4.0, and the VSTO 2010 runtimes. When I select those redistributables and use the option "Download from the web", it almost always fails to download the pre-reqs on the user's machine.

The error message the user sees is "An error occurred while downloading the file http://saturn.installshield.com/is/prerequisites/microsoft .net framework 4.0 full (web download).prq. What would you like to do?".

I've tried the "Extract from setup.exe" option, and it works, but it triples the size of our setup package, and we'd like to avoid that if possible. Is there anything special that we need to be doing to get the "download from the web" option to work?

Thanks for any help on this.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
BrainSlugs83
Level 2

I'm having a very similar issue with Install Shield LE 2012 (in Visual Studio 2010).

The VSTO 2010 runtime download always fails -- it says:

---------------------------
Setup - InstallShield Wizard
The files for installation requirement Microsoft VSTO 2010 Runtime could not be found. The installation will now stop. This is probably due to a failed, or canceled download.
OK

I tried going to the URL in the .prq file, and it downloaded VSTOR_redist.exe just fine -- in addition, I did a checksum and noticed that the MD5 did NOT match what was in the .prq file -- I updated the checksum and filesize attributes, closed all visual studios and tried a rebuild -- this is still not working.

Here's the modification I made to "Microsoft VSTO 2010 Runtime.prq":

AGAIN: THE ABOVE MODIFICATION DID NOT WORK.

Also, I'm not sure what's up with it only TRIPPLING your package sizes? When I include it in my installer, it jumps up to about 240 MB (from the already ridiculous size of 3.7 MB).

Someone, please help.

mwhalen wrote:
Our product has two pre-reqs: the .NET Framework 4.0, and the VSTO 2010 runtimes. When I select those redistributables and use the option "Download from the web", it almost always fails to download the pre-reqs on the user's machine.

The error message the user sees is "An error occurred while downloading the file http://saturn.installshield.com/is/prerequisites/microsoft .net framework 4.0 full (web download).prq. What would you like to do?".

I've tried the "Extract from setup.exe" option, and it works, but it triples the size of our setup package, and we'd like to avoid that if possible. Is there anything special that we need to be doing to get the "download from the web" option to work?

Thanks for any help on this.
0 Kudos
KristianI
Level 2

We are experiencing the same problem with vstor40_x86.exe download failing as BrainSlugs83.

We have not found a solution. I hope Flexera will fix this very soon, or somebody finds a solution.
0 Kudos