cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markjordan
Level 2

[off Topic] Latest Installshield Question

I have a few bulk uninstall programmes that deal with a variety of bloatware and other issues.

I've recently seen a number of new Installshield uninstallers that look like this.

InstallShield {B46BEA36-0B71-4A4E-AE41-87241643FA0A}

in contrast to

{B46BEA36-0B71-4A4E-AE41-87241643FA0A}

Does msiexec respond the same way with these new ones as it did with the previous ones? Using items like as

start /wait msiexec /qn /norestart /x InstallShield B46BEA36-0B71-4A4E-AE41-87241643FA0A InstallShield B46BEA36-0B71-4A4E-AE41-87241643FA0A

I'm just curious whether they're the same item.

another Question 

Hello, everyone! I'm new here, so please forgive me if I make any mistakes.
So, I'm currently working on an installer for my company's software and I'm running into the following issue: I need to be able to check whether the user has an AMD or NVIDIA graphics card before the installation begins, so that I can install different files, as well as check for admin privileges and request a firewall exception.

So here's my question: Is there a method to do that? I'm currently using InstallShield 2019.

I wouldn't mind using another custom installer instead of InstallShield if the solution didn't have to utilise it.

I already have the firewall component sorted out and configured; all I need now is the hardware information.

0 Kudos
(0) Replies