cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredliu
Level 5

ocx cannot register corrent on vista

Hi everybody

I have a install contains some dlls and a couple of ocx(CFX32.OCX and BFDurationCtrl.ocx), I can install corrent in xp, and when I install on vista, always show two errors , CFX32.OCX cannot register and BFDurationCtrl.ocx cannot register, I have already tried lots of ways to fix it , following:
1. I make custom action register the two ocx ,but show the same error as direct install
2. com extract at build, all of my dll and ocx place in same component, so this way is no valid
3. I move ISSelfRegisterFile to after InstallFinalize, but seem it is a error way.
anyone can give me some advices to fix it ? Thanks very much in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Ideally you should probably recreate your components such that your option 2 works correctly. However another approach you can take is to use a tool in our Support folder called RegSpyUI to extract the COM registration and then save it to a .reg file. You can then import this, but may run into problems with any now hardcoded path references.
0 Kudos
gavin_landon
Level 6

First I would try to register them on the machine manually to see if it's not a OCX issue.
0 Kudos
fredliu
Level 5

MichaelU wrote:
Ideally you should probably recreate your components such that your option 2 works correctly. However another approach you can take is to use a tool in our Support folder called RegSpyUI to extract the COM registration and then save it to a .reg file. You can then import this, but may run into problems with any now hardcoded path references.

thanks your reply, i fix it by recreate component, hanks very much:)
0 Kudos