cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jchristman
Level 8

mutliple change directories

I have the need to install my app at one location and the user can change this destination. I also need to add another folder say reports that can also have its location changed to anywhehre including network drive.

I ask the user for a name to give the folder and then on the destination dialog i have added another change folder option for this new report folder.

I get errors about specified path is empty when the try to change this report folders path. I would also like for the installer to create this folder based on the name they gave it on the previous screen.

Basically I am trying to have my application be installed in one location and a stored reports folder stored in a location inside the installdir by default but I need to give the users the ability to install the application where they would like and then automatically make the default for the stored reports be instide of there. Now they can also change where the stored reports folder can be placed including on a network drive. So I modified the destination dialog and placed both change dir on here the installdir change works fine the stored report change always says error 2343 specified path is empty. Not for sure where it is getting the specified path from. I have tried to create a new entry in the diretory table and use it, always shows up 0 on the dialog. I have also cloned and adjusted the installchangedir dialog into reportchangedir dialog and modified it. So i can not tell if the error is caused by the fact the folder does not exist yet, if it is caused by the new directory i created in the directory table or if it is one of the dialogs.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Patrick_Simons
Level 5

Did you find a solution?

I have also the problem:

that I can't ask for a separate directory outside the local installation directory

I want to copy the report files to the network dir. What is the best way?
0 Kudos
jchristman
Level 8

I have not found a solution for a custom dialog to do this, You can how ever create a seperate install feature and place it under the main and force it to be installed. Then let the user select what they want to install, this dialog has multiple installation directories.

I have not tried this method yet,

I wrote a seperate dialog and vbscripts to create the new directory path outside of the INSTALLDIR.
0 Kudos