cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pcs-doa
Level 3

merge modul destination Path not set

Hello,
i have a problem setting the destination path of a merge modul. I have set the path of the merge modul in the redistributable view (properties of the merge modul).
I set the proerty called DLC_STARTUP in a Custom Dialog with MsiSetProperty. If i display the DLC_STARTUP property in a messagebox (in UI Sequence or Execute Sequence)
the property contains the correct value. But the files of the merge modul a install to a wrong location!
I found out, that if i set the property hard coded in a Custom Action called after AppSearch in UI Sequence and Execute Sequence than the value is used and the merge modul is
installed to the hard coded destination.

But this is to early because the Custom Dialog is called after InstallWelcome and there i want to set the path of the merge modul...

How can i handle this? With MsiGetProperty i always get the correct value after setting it but the merge modul get an empty value and is installed in C:\ and not in the specified path.

Any Idea?

thx
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
chad_petersen
Level 9

Just a wild guess - but maybe worth a try if you have not already done so - I would try adding the property DLC_STARTUP to SecureCustomProperties. I had to do this the other day for something to work correctly. I can't recall the details right now, but it's an easy thing to try and can be important to have it set in some situations.

Chad
0 Kudos
pcs-doa
Level 3

Yes i have already tried this and it is already set but no effect. 😞
0 Kudos
Stefan_Krueger
Level 9

Please use the SetTargetPath control event on the "Next" button of the dialog instead of MsiSetProperty. Properties get translated into Path values before the UI is shown, so your property change has no effect.
Stefan Krueger
InstallSite.org
0 Kudos
pcs-doa
Level 3

Thank you for your hint! Now everything ist fine. 🙂
0 Kudos