cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Richard_Winks
Level 6

launch Readme checkbox not visible on Finish dialog after update

I would like the "Show Readme" checkbox to be available on the SetupCompleteSuccess dialog after an update is complete.

It shows up after the initial install is complete. I followed the instructions in Q106070 to get this to show up.

I'm not sure what needs to be done. It looks like the "Installed" state may be used to control the checkbox and its text but I'm not sure where to remove that condition.

Any help would be appreciated.
Richard
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Richard_Winks
Level 6

Nevermind! I found it.

It was off amongst the dark back alleys of the IS user interface.

I didn't see the tabs at the bottom of the Behavior Editor dialog. When I selected Conditions and selected the CheckLaunchReadme CheckBox control the info I was looking for showed up (after a fashion, I actually had to click in the Condition box next to the "Show" Action).

Richard
0 Kudos
mitutoyo
Level 4

Richard,

I use the sdFinish dialog as this allows me to specify options. To enable opening a readme file, I would use something like this:

SdFinish("",szMsg,"","View the ReadMe file.","",bvOpt1,bvOpt2);

Then interrogate the results to determine whether or not to launch the readme.
0 Kudos
Richard_Winks
Level 6

mitutoyo -Thanks for the thought. I would use something like that if I were doing an installscript installation.

One possibly pertinent piece of information that I left out of the problem description was that this was a basic msi install project.

I do have a solution now and appreciate you taking the time to offer the advice.

It seems like the solution is always that one step beyond where you reach out for help.

Richard
0 Kudos
mitutoyo
Level 4

That's always how it is. The funny this is as I was typing up the reply you posted that you found the problem. Anyway, maybe somebody wiill stumble into this thread and find the information useful. Glad you found what you needed.
0 Kudos