cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mherring
Level 2

is there a variable to tell me if I am running in the install or uninstall sequence?

I'm trying to find a variable I can reference that will tell me which sequence I am running in, either install or uninstall. The reason I need this is I'd like to reuse a frame in both the install and uninstall, but I'd like to be able to set the title of the frame depending on which sequence I am running in. I have a custom IF resolver I'd like to use for this, but I need to find which sequence is running so I can implement this correctly. Does anyone know where I can find this? Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
enanrum
Level 9

When you say a Frame do you mean a Frame in a Dialog box?

I do not know if there is a variable that tells you wich Sequence your in but one way you could do it is add the dialog to the Behavior and Logic->Sequence->Uninstallation sequence. You can set your own variable if you want by adding a set variable action in the sequence view as well prior to your dialog and based on the var - show the frame! Just set the VAR to install in the Installation Sequence and uninstall in the other!

Tom
0 Kudos
mherring
Level 2

Thanks... I was way overthinking this, the simplicity of the solution is humbling 🙂
0 Kudos