cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sm
Level 2

installshield upgrade

I have an existing installscript project created in installshield 6. It is one click install through our web interface. My previous problem was that I kept having to split my installation due to errors that occured when the my install got to big. > 2Gb. I read where this may be due to inherant cab file size limitations. My total installation would be greater than 20Gb if it was all in one install. It will keep getting bigger as well with new releases.

In any case we are evaluating an upgrade to 2009. The trial version migrated my installation fine for the most part. I had to change a few things to pass information on how to install via the new activex control setup.ocx instead of isetup.cab using ether.setproperty. My only question now is will I still have the same file size problems if I merged back into one project? I read where installscript MSI project can split into multiple cab files based on size. Is there anyway to do so in a regular installscipt project? Is there anyway to convert the project to existing project to a different type that still uses my existing installscript easily to use this feature? I looked into using basic msi project but the web install didn't seem to allow passing data to configure the install.

Thanks for your help.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
sm
Level 2

Any ideas here for me here? It looks like I probably need to convert my project over to an MSI project to get the file splitting ability to avoid large cab files. With a web one click MSI install is there a way to pass arguments to install specific features? It doesn't seem to use an activex control so it just downloads the entire cabs it needs to install?
0 Kudos