cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
selwynreynolds
Level 7

install restarts after uninstall

I have an IS2010 installScript MSI project. It installs a service and 3 files. It works fine. When I run the project to uninstall it works fine also. BUT, after clicking finish on the uninstall the installer starts again to INSTALL the service and files. Why does it do this? :confused:
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
KathyMorey
Level 10

Have you tried logging it?
0 Kudos
selwynreynolds
Level 7

Hi,

Can you help me with that? I've looked up logging and can't figure out how to do it in an InstallScript MSI project. I can't find where to set the MsiLogging property. All my projects have been InstallScript project. I'm new to using MSI.
thank you.
0 Kudos
selwynreynolds
Level 7

Oh, just found how to set MSI logging from the Build\Settings dialog. I'll try that now. Thanks!
0 Kudos
selwynreynolds
Level 7

I turned on MsiLogging and do not see anything in the file that indicates why the install was started automatically after the uninstall was complete. The logfile created during the uninstall looks exactly like the logfile created when the app was installed except it is longer. The uninstall log file ends with:

InstallShield 10:05:47: Ready to launch program block.

The install logfile has lines in it after the line above - the very next one is:
1: Ready to launch MsiInstallProduct, Command line: ADDLOCAL=AtlService etc...etc...

This install just copies files to a folder and installs a service.

Any ideas on why the installer is starting automatically after uninstall?

Thanks,
Sel
0 Kudos