cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
purish87
Level 2

how to pack language DLLs with installshield?

I have created Resource DLLs(Language DLLs) for my application. Now I want to attach those DLLs with the installer through InstallShield.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
rasky74
Level 6

Are you talking about customizing the strings within the installer itself or just adding these files to the package to be deployed with your application?
0 Kudos
purish87
Level 2

I have already created language DLLs. I want to only attach them with installer.Please tell me that how to do it?
0 Kudos
LaserVision
Level 4

One way would be to create a feature for every language containing your language dll. Then set a Condition for the feature modifying the level according to the SystemLanguageID property, e.g. for my german language dll I would create the condition Level = 200, Condition = SystemLanguageID<>"1031" which would deselect the feature if the system language is not german. Remember to set the display value of the feature to "not visible".

Hope this helps...
0 Kudos
Holger_G
Level 10

Another method:

If you want to install the dll´s depending on the selected installation language you can use a Productlanguage=LANGID condition on each of the components (without using separate Features).
0 Kudos