cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kamiran
Level 2

how to create a desktop shortcut

Hi everyone.

Can anyone please tell me how to create a program shortcut when installing the setup.?
Here is what i do: I am using visual studio 2012 ultimate, and i have installed Installshield limited 2012. I go to File -> new project -> installshiled limited ed.
Project assistant -> Application Shortcuts-> I select the options create shortcut in Startmenu and Create shortcut on Desktop, When i build the project i get the errors:
Error 3 -6221: Could not resolve Visual Studio .NET project output "startUp2WFA.Localized resources" from component startUp2WFA.Localized_resources ISEXP : error : -6221: Could not resolve Visual Studio .NET project output "startUp2WFA.Localized resources" from component startUp2WFA.Localized_resources

Warning 1 -7235: InstallShield could not create the software identification tag because the Tag Creator ID setting in the General Information view is empty. ISEXP : warning : -7235: InstallShield could not create the software identification tag because the Tag Creator ID setting in the General Information view is empty.

Error 2 -6221: Could not resolve Visual Studio .NET project output "startUp2WFA.Content Files" from component startUp2WFA.Content_Files ISEXP : error : -6221: Could not resolve Visual Studio .NET project output "startUp2WFA.Content Files" from component startUp2WFA.Content_Files

Error 3 -6221: Could not resolve Visual Studio .NET project output "startUp2WFA.Localized resources" from component startUp2WFA.Localized_resources ISEXP : error : -6221: Could not resolve Visual Studio .NET project output "startUp2WFA.Localized resources" from component startUp2WFA.Localized_resources

Warning 4 -6245: One or more of the project's components contain .NET properties that require the .NET Framework. It is recommended that the release include the .NET Framework. ISEXP : warning : -6245: One or more of the project's components contain .NET properties that require the .NET Framework. It is recommended that the release include the .NET Framework.

Error 5 -3204: Cannot extract icon with index 0 from file c:\users\kamiran\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\setup2\startUp2WFA\bin\Release\startUp2WFA.exe. ISEXP : error : -3204: Cannot extract icon with index 0 from file c:\users\kamiran\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\setup2\startUp2WFA\bin\Release\startUp2WFA.exe.

Warning 6 -5061: The filename "c:\users\kamiran\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\setup2\setup2\setup2\Express\CD_ROM\DiskImages\DISK1\program files\Alin IT&Design\My Product Name\Form1.cs" already exists in the project. Two files with the same name and source location are included in separate features. This may cause unpredictable results when installing the package. ISEXP : warning : -5061: The filename "c:\users\kamiran\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\setup2\setup2\setup2\Express\CD_ROM\DiskImages\DISK1\program files\Alin IT&Design\My Product Name\Form1.cs" already exists in the project. Two files with the same name and source location are included in separate features. This may cause unpredictable results when installing the package.

Warning 7 -5061: The filename "c:\users\kamiran\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\setup2\setup2\setup2\Express\CD_ROM\DiskImages\DISK1\program files\Alin IT&Design\My Product Name\Form1.Designer.cs" already exists in the project. Two files with the same name and source location are included in separate features. This may cause unpredictable results when installing the package. ISEXP : warning : -5061: The filename "c:\users\kamiran\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\setup2\setup2\setup2\Express\CD_ROM\DiskImages\DISK1\program files\Alin IT&Design\My Product Name\Form1.Designer.cs" already exists in the project. Two files with the same name and source location are included in separate features. This may cause unpredictable results when installing the package.

Warning 8 -5061: The filename "c:\users\kamiran\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\setup2\setup2\setup2\Express\CD_ROM\DiskImages\DISK1\program files\Alin IT&Design\My Product Name\Program.cs" already exists in the project. Two files with the same name and source location are included in separate features. This may cause unpredictable results when installing the package. ISEXP : warning : -5061: The filename "c:\users\kamiran\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\setup2\setup2\setup2\Express\CD_ROM\DiskImages\DISK1\program files\Alin IT&Design\My Product Name\Program.cs" already exists in the project. Two files with the same name and source location are included in separate features. This may cause unpredictable results when installing the package.

Warning 9 -5061: The filename "c:\users\kamiran\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\setup2\setup2\setup2\Express\CD_ROM\DiskImages\DISK1\program files\Alin IT&Design\My Product Name\startUp2WFA.csproj" already exists in the project. Two files with the same name and source location are included in separate features. This may cause unpredictable results when installing the package. ISEXP : warning : -5061: The filename "c:\users\kamiran\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\setup2\setup2\setup2\Express\CD_ROM\DiskImages\DISK1\program files\Alin IT&Design\My Product Name\startUp2WFA.csproj" already exists in the project. Two files with the same name and source location are included in separate features. This may cause unpredictable results when installing the package.
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Chaitra
Level 9

Hi,

I observe that you are trying to create just an InstallShield Limited Edition setup project and not integrating your Visual Studio project with ISLE. However, that should also work fine without any errors. I followed the same steps you have mentioned, with Project Assistant and was successfully able to build the project and create shortcuts.

I kindly request you to check with the following and make few changes accordingly:

1> Build Error 6221:
Kindly take sometime to check out more information about this error on:

http://flexerasoftware.force.com/articles/en_US/ERRDOC/Q107689

2> Error 3204:
If there is a shortcut to the .exe file that you have added, which has NO icon specified, it might throw this error.

Please navigate to Configure the Target System-> Shortcuts/Folders->Click on the shortcut that you have created and check if there exists an icon for that file in the option "Icon" under "Appearance" section on the right hand side pane.

Kindly modify your setup project and verify with the above mentioned points to resolve the errors.

Please let us know if you still have any issues building the project.

Thanks,
Chaitra
0 Kudos