cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gash25
Level 3

how do i add an installation of inf file

1. I need installshield to install a inf file (a shell extension which allows running PowerShell scripts under admin privileges from the context menu).

2. I also need to run a ps1 file as administrator - "Run as administrator"

how do i do that?

Ridley.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Cary_R
Level 11

Hi Ridley,

There's certainly ways do you what you're looking for. But how you accomplish this will depend on some requirements:

1. Where does that *.inf file need to go, and what information does it need to contain? If the information is fairly static, very likely you can just add the file to the Files and Folders view of your project, or the INI Files view (since *.inf files are formatted like *.ini files).

Also, if you're installing this *.inf file manually, do you normally right-click and select 'Install'?

2. Does the *.ps1 file need to be run as Administrator from a shortcut after the installation completes? Or as a part of the installation?
0 Kudos
gash25
Level 3

1. i need to install the inf file - today (pre installshield) i right click it and select install.
2. today (pre installshield) i right click the ps1 file and choose "run as administrator" - i want to automate it using installshield.

thanks.
0 Kudos
gash25
Level 3

1. i need to install the inf file - today (pre installshield) i right click it and select install.
2. today (pre installshield) i right click the ps1 file and choose "run as administrator" - i want to automate it using installshield.

thanks.
0 Kudos