cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmackay
Level 7

dynamic suite - can't find it's assemblies?

I have some code that will download a bunch of assemblies from a URL at runtime for a dynamic suite when the suite.exe file is run.

When testing this I have discovered some strange behavior. If the 'assemblies' folder does not exist in the same directory as the suite.exe when the file is launched, then the action to resolve the assemblies fails as it tries to look in the temp area where it extracted the setup.jar file. This happens even though the action to download the assemblies at runtime will create the 'assemblies' folder.

However, if I create an empty 'assemblies' folder then the suite will resolve its assemblies properly when the download action places them there. It doesn't bother looking in the area where the setup.jar file was placed. (why would it anyway?)

Even if I create an onBegin event to create an empty 'assemblies' folder, it will still fail for some reason. The only time that it works properly is when the empty folder is there before the .exe is launched.

Is this expected behaviour? Is there some way to fix this?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
rmackay
Level 7

It appears that when the suite.jar is run, it updates its own embedded product.xml file with the following section:

PROD NAME
true
prod_uuid1
C:\pathto assembly.dat file
location contained in product.inf file

If the assemblies folder is in place before the exe is run it updates with that location but if not then it uses the temp location in the 'installerRef' attribute.

Is it possible to somehow change this?
0 Kudos