cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
selwynreynolds
Level 7

download prerequisites for InstallShield2009

where can I download (the link) the Microsoft SQL Server Express prerequisite for a computer that is not connected to the internet? I am using InstallShield 2009 on a computer that is not connected to the internet. 😮
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

Which verison of SQL Server Express? SQL Server 2008 Express is available in InstallShield 2009 Service Pack 2, which you can obtain from this KB article:
http://kb.acresso.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=Q200272
0 Kudos
selwynreynolds
Level 7

Hi Debbie,

thanks for your reply. I am running InstallShield2009 with SP2 but under the redistributables view of my Basic MSI project the location column of "Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express SP2" object says "needs to be downloaded". This is what I need.

I went to the KB article and downloaded the update but when I tried to run it on my machine I got the error message "The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer Service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program...".

Any other thoughts on where I can get the files for the redistributable view? I have the SQLServer express.exe file - can I copy it to a particular directory? But, this won't help me if I need some of the other redistributables that also say "needs to be downloaded".

Thanks,
Sel
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Oh, if you already have InstallShield 2009 SP2 installed, you won't want to try to reinstall the InstallShield 2009 SP2 patch in that KB article.

To obtain the download location of any prerequisite that shows "Needs to be downloaded," you can right-click the prequisite in the Redistributables view, and then click Edit Prerequisite. That opens the prerequisite in the Prerequisite Editor. On the Files to Include tab, you'll see the download location of all of the files. For the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express SP2 prerequisite, the URL for the download is as follows:
http://saturn.installshield.com/devstudio/setuprequirements/sqlexpress/sp2/SQLEXPR32.EXE
0 Kudos
selwynreynolds
Level 7

Got it! Thanks! Not sure how I missed the location before. 🙂
0 Kudos