Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Indu_Sr
Level 3

display Billboard much earlier in the sequence

Hi:
I have Install Script MSI project and I want to display Billboards during the
progressbar.
I have added the bmps to the Support/Billboard section and the exe does bring up the billboards during "validation", I want the billboards to be displayed much earlier say "InstallFiles"
How do I get this.
Please treat this as urgent.
Regards,
Indu
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

The billboards in InstallScript and InstallScript MSI projects start at a fixed point in the installation. This is always at the point of file transfer. For InstallScript MSI projects, this point starts when the InstallScript engine sees an action data message from Windows Installer indicating a file is being copied. For either InstallScript or InstallScript MSI projects, the point which billboards are initially displayed cannot be changed.
0 Kudos
Indu_Sr
Level 3

Hi:
Thanks for the reply, but the InstallFiles takes a long time in my installations so I wanted to display billboards from that point, is there any workaround for this?
Thanks
Indu
0 Kudos
MGarrett
Level 6

You may want to take a look at the PlaceBitmap() function, which you can call almost anywhere in your script.
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

The billboards in InstallScript MSI projects will start on the first progress bar reset message received from Windows Installer after the InstallFiles action runs in the immediate phase of the install execute sequence. Depending upon the project, this might take a while or happen nearly immediately. By the time the deferred phase for InstallFiles is running, though, billboards will be displayed.

PlaceBitmap could be used as an alternative means for showing billboards, but the places that it could be called in an InstallScript MSI would be limited.
0 Kudos
Indu_Sr
Level 3

Hi:
Thanks, but I could not figure out where in teh sequence I should call placebitmap(). I tried After InstallAdminPackage(), it does not display any image.

Indu
0 Kudos