cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doors666
Level 3

disable cancel button

Hi,

During the "Install" action, if the user exits by using the cancel button, the installation is left in an inconsistent state, some time even the uninstaller is not yet created (depending upon the timing, as the uninstaller creation is pretty much the last step). This leaves the user to deal with manual removal of the application, which is not a desirable option, if he doesnt do a proper cleanup, the future installs will be effected.

I would like to disable the cancel button (also the x button on the title bar), either grey them out, or if its present, it should not allow cancellation. How do I achieve that.

This project was basically written in ISMP 5.03 and imported into 11.5. We are only using 5.x dialogs, not 11.5 dialogs, just in case it matters.

Thanx,
Vikas
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

The Install action in the Installation Sequence in the sequences view has a "Cancelable" property which you can set to false. This will hide the cancel button on the progress dialog.
0 Kudos
doors666
Level 3

Strange, I dont find the property in the GUI anywhere, but I was able to find it in the uip file, so I changed it there and it works great.
Thanx.

brianl wrote:
The Install action in the Installation Sequence in the sequences view has a "Cancelable" property which you can set to false. This will hide the cancel button on the progress dialog.
0 Kudos