cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
microstar
Level 5

directory table

since making the setup of my programm with installshield 2008, I get the following error message while executing the compiled setup.exe : the directory DATABASEDIR1 (own variable) does not exist in the directory table.
But when I look under direct editing in the table directory I see the entry DATABASEDIR1.
Where should I look to solve the problem???

henri
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
Colbey
Level 4

mmh, open up the msi using orca and see what the directory table contains. Run a validation see if that tells you anything. Its possible to automate running validations using msival2 and add it to your build process.

If the directory is missing from the msi check that your directory_parent entry is correct.
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Maybe the Keep Unused Directories setting on the Build tab in the Releases view is set to No. If this is set to No and a directory that is listed in the Directory column of the Directory table is not referenced in any known location in the .msi file, InstallShield removes it from the Directory table of the .msi file that it creates at build time.

Debbie Landers
Macrovision Corporation
0 Kudos
jchristman
Level 8

if you are not actually using the DATABASEDIR1 then go ahead and delete it from the table or you can go into the components section of your installer and veryify the installation paths of files are not set to DATABASEDIR1 you will have to also verify that it is not used in any of the dialogs if you have edited them.
0 Kudos
microstar
Level 5

Thanks a lot for replying so quickly. I do appreciate that!
I used Orca to view the Msi. Indeed the entries were not in the msi. But they are in the installshield project.
And: I do need the directories! They are not just unimportant entries. During the execution of the script they might get a value.
I have not looked at the setting Debbie mentioned yet. I will do soon.
0 Kudos
microstar
Level 5

The answer Debbie posted solved the problem. Thanks a lot Debbie...
0 Kudos
microstar
Level 5

But the problem of debugging (not possible) remain. What should I do to debug my script with F5. Why doesn't the debug-mode in Installshield start? The setup starts, yes, but I cannot go through the lines of my installscript... Is there some "hidden" option I do not see??
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Is your InstallScript custom action a deferred, commit, or rollback custom action? If so, I think that the following KB article describes a workaround that might help:
http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q112187

I think that the registry entry you'd want to create for InstallShield 2008 would be:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\InstallShield\ISEngine14.0

I hope that helps.

Debbie Landers
Macrovision Corporation
0 Kudos
microstar
Level 5

Yes Debbie. It works! You're good!
I would ask you if I wasn't already married .... 🙂
0 Kudos