cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jchristman
Level 8

Error 27506 error executing sql script

I have a script that returns Error 27506. Error executing SQL script (SCRIPT) Line 11. Cannot find the object dbo.GroupServices because it does not exist or you do not have permissions. (1088).

I run the script in the Query Analyzer and the script runs fine, when I run the installshield installer with the same script in it using windows authentication to connect to the sql server and database It gives me this error everytime.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
jchristman
Level 8

ran sql trace, found out the installer uses user permisions to connect and select the database and server but it is using the system to actually install the script causing the error.

I have not created any custom actions to run the scripts, i just used the normal stuff to add the script and run it. So how do I change the settings so it will run the script as the user instead of the system, I know it is something about it being defered in system context.
0 Kudos
jchristman
Level 8

Ok, suuport said

GO to custom actions and right click on it to show all items. Then change ISSQLServerInstall and ISSQLServerUninstall from derfered execution in system context to just defered execution.

This fixed the user specification so it now installs as the user but did not fix the error.
0 Kudos
jchristman
Level 8

Fixed problem, It seems that when I was installing 3 scripts and making the user choose a server and database for each script since they go to differant databases, I had cloned the browser dialog and got one property named wrong so when it would fire off the script the server property was over written and left blank.

All fixed.
0 Kudos