cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ken_Alverson
Level 4

build machine hardware changed on us - license no longer good

This might not be a good place to post this, but our service department upgraded the hardware on our build machine (new VM), but this also broke our standalone build license in the process. They tell us it is dangerous to make the new VM report the same NIC card address to make the old license work again. I have already used 4 out of the 5 licenses I have. I hate to burn up the last one because of this upgrade of the hardware. Is there anyway to "deactivate" the dead license so I can recreate a new one without burning up the last license slot?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
chad_petersen
Level 9

Yes, if I log into the Flexera Product and License center and go to any of the listed Stand-alone build versions and click on "Licenses" next to any of them then I can see all of our SAB licenses, the MAC address they are assigned to and I can "Return" them. I am an admin on our account so I can return licenses that were generated by anyone in our company.

I hope that helps

Chad
0 Kudos
Ken_Alverson
Level 4

chad.petersen wrote:
Yes, if I log into the Flexera Product and License center and go to any of the listed Stand-alone build versions and click on "Licenses" next to any of them then I can see all of our SAB licenses, the MAC address they are assigned to and I can "Return" them. I am an admin on our account so I can return licenses that were generated by anyone in our company.

I hope that helps

Chad

Thanks, I found the help PDF on the subject and returned our license yesterday. I should check the help first I guess rather than post. I am currently waiting on our service desk to provide a permanent IP and MAC for the new VM so it won't change on us. 🙂
0 Kudos