cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul_Iacopetti
Level 3

Evalutaing InstallShield Express 2016 - Cannot find template in Visual Studio 2015

I started using InstallShield LE through Visual Studio 2015 and came across a limitation in loading custom actions that are DLLs.

So I am evaluating InstallShield Express 2016 since it should have that capability, but I don't know how to integrate it into Visual Studio.
I still see InstallShield LE and there is only one template available for Setup and Deployment...the LE version.

If I can integrate Express into Visual Studio, I should be able to sort out my needs from there.
I am preferring an integrated solution for source control purposes.

-Paul Iacopetti-
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Paul_Iacopetti
Level 3

I found the InstallShield template in VS2015, but when trying to add it as a project, I get an error indicating that this project has been updated to a newer version of InstallShield.

So my new question is, how do I sever the link to LE to allow me to use Express?
0 Kudos
Paul_Iacopetti
Level 3

Well, it looks like the problem solved itself. Restarting Visual Studio did not make a difference that day.

However, a power cycle may have since after powering up my PC on Monday, I tried creating a new InstallShield project and it worked!
0 Kudos