cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
songqiang
Level 2

archive built by ISMP - split into small files?

Currently, ISMP will generate a single exe file and another single jar file on windows platform (For example, setup.exe and setup.jar). My question is: is it possible to generate multiple jar files instead of one, because the single jar file is very large for our product. We are wondering if it can be splitted into several small files by ISMP, and at the same time, the installer can still work without extra actions.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Yes, you can choose a smaller media size to split the image across disks. Please see, for example, the help topic "Utilizing Media Spanning".
0 Kudos
songqiang
Level 2

Thank you for your response. I have tried this option, but it still doesn't work. What we want is, to generate several small archive files, but need not to span multiple disks.

For example, currently, the setup.exe and setup.jar are 100M respectively (less than one CD-ROM), but due to some restrictions, we need to upload the two files in a unit of about 5M, so one possible way is to use winzip/winrar to split the two files into serveral small files. But user needs to manually unzip and merge them before installation. So, we are wondering, if ISMP could provide such an option, to generate the exe and jar files into several small files: one exe file (small enough, acting like a self-extractor) with several other data files (r00,r01,...). No extra operations are needed for user, he or she only needs to click the small exe file to begin the installation as normally.

Thanks a lot!
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

I haven't tried it myself, but you might look into the -media #=location command-line switch to see if that helps; perhaps a shell script or batch file to launch setup.jar with multiple media arguments?
0 Kudos