cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidh
Level 6

a good way to redistribute the "2007 Office System Driver: Data Connectivity?

Does anyone know offhand a good way to redistribute the "2007 Office System Driver: Data Connectivity Components"?

I have an app that connects to a 2007 access database. If the machine does not have these objects, I get the error "The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.

You can install the necessary files by downloading the 2007 Office System Driver: Data Connectivity Componentsbut is there an available redist? Its not included with MDAC 2.8, is it?

My other option at this point is to basically wrap the exe from the above link as part of the install.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Not applicable

A setup prereq is about your best option. There's no merge module that I could find and the application you pointed to is an MSI package.

The EULA appears to let you freely redistribute it as a part of your product's installation, so a prereq would pretty much fully fit the bill.
http://blogs.msdn.com/access/archive/2007/08/10/access-database-engine-redistributable.aspx

0 Kudos
CIWGeorge
Level 2

It's now 2012 - how are people handling the inclusion of 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' with their InstallShield builds?

My applications run on 32 and 64 bit systems. I need to compile for "All CPUs", so it isn't an option to compile for x86 only.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and suggestions!

George
0 Kudos
Schubbsdental
Level 2

Am having this error on my server

Practice Assistant Task Manager
Unknown database
Alias:dbPAMgr.
0 Kudos