cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dickstone
Level 3

ZIP Self-extract bug with ISLE 2011

I have ISLE 2011 with MS Visual Studio. Previously, I used ISLE 2010 create a CD structure. Then I created a ZIP file. Then I used ZIP Self-extract to create an EXE file.

When I installed ISLE 2011, and rebuilt the ZIP and it worked fine. However, EXE file would no longer work. During file copying, it stops and gives the error "Error 1309.Error reading from file: C:\winfree32\Install\program files\Winfree\Example.fre. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it."

The folder winfree32\Install isn't where it should find the temporary files and isn't part of the installation process -- it's just where the EXE was started from. It should be looking for the file in the temporary directory (the ZIP file does that).

I'm using ZIP 14.5 and WinzipSE 3. WinzipSE hasn't changed in years. The only difference the upgrade to ISLE 2011. Have you heard of this before? What do I do?

I can send the ZIP and EXE if you'd like.
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi,

Could you kindly let us know the exact steps which you have performed in InstallShield Limited Edition 2010 and in InstallShield Limited Edition 2011 so that we can replicate this issue at our end and investigate further.

Kindly provide us the detailed steps which you have performed.

Thanks,
Lenwin
0 Kudos