cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maforshaw
Level 5

Windows Installer Engine Object is Missing

Why has the "Windows Installer Engine" InstallScript Object been removed?

I have lots of InstallScript Object Projects which use the "Windows Installer Engine" object that no longer work. :eek:

The "Prerequsites" feature does not seem to work/appear in InstallScript Object Projects.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(13) Replies
Marwan
Level 7

You can download the InstallScript objects and prerequisites from here
0 Kudos
maforshaw
Level 5

Hi

I did but you seem to have removed the "Windows Installer Engine Object" from the "InstallScript Objects" download (unless you changed it since yesterday?)

Michael
0 Kudos
Marwan
Level 7

The Windows Installer Engine InstallScript Object been renamed and replaced with the newer Windows Installer 4.5 Engine Object. Did you install the Installscript objects and did not find the new one? If missing then we'll make it available as a seperate download.
0 Kudos
maforshaw
Level 5

I have re-run the install and attached a screenshot of the included objects. Windows Installer is missing. I notice the file size is also much smaller than the one from 2009.

If you can either rebuild it or provide a separate download for the Windows Installer Object, that would be great.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
maforshaw
Level 5

Marwan wrote:
The Windows Installer Engine InstallScript Object been renamed and replaced with the newer Windows Installer 4.5 Engine Object.

InstallShield 2009 had two InstallScript Objects for Windows Installer:

Windows Installer 3.x Engine
Windows Installer Engine

Which one have you renamed? The "Windows Installer Engine" is the best one because you can specify what version you want to use, all the way up to 4.5.

Therefore, it really is the "Windows Installer Engine" object I require.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Marwan
Level 7

Yes, the Windows Installer Engine object the one I was refering to.
0 Kudos
esiemiat
Level 9

I am looking for the Windows Install Installscript Object as well. In the past it was included in its own intaller.

Below is a list of all the Installscript object installs available from the download site. What installer contains this object now?

• InstallShield 2010 InstallScript .NET Objects
  • InstallShield 2010 InstallScript Objects
  • InstallShield 2010 InstallScript Legacy Objects
0 Kudos
Marwan
Level 7

The InstallShield 2010 InstallScript Windows Installer 4.5 Engine Object will also be available soon in a seperate download just like it was released for IS2009.
0 Kudos
Marwan
Level 7

The InstallScript Windows Installer Engine Object is now available for download.

The InstallScript Windows Installer Engine Object Template is now available for download.
0 Kudos
maforshaw
Level 5

Thank you.
0 Kudos
esiemiat
Level 9

Will the InstallShield 2010 InstallScript .NET Objects Template installer ever be made available as they were for InstallShield 2009?
0 Kudos
SherylSikora
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

The InstallScript .NET Object Template install is now available for download.
(If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos
esiemiat
Level 9

Thank you.
0 Kudos