cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
megha_3781
Level 5

Windows 10 not listed in Operating Systems list in Component properties

I migrated our Installscript project to Installshield 2018 to support new components for Windows 10.
But I dont see Windows 10 listed under Target Machines ->Operating system in Components properties.
It has only till Windows 8.1.
I have these OS Specific components which needs to be installed on that specific OS only.
Why Windows 10 is not available?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Dan_Galender
Level 10

Blame Microsoft for this. Starting with Windows 8.1, you can't tell the difference between Windows 8.1 and 10 from inside of your MSI. Evidently, they want installations to behave the same regardless of which of these OSes a machine is running.
0 Kudos
banna_k
Revenera
Revenera

megha_3781 wrote:
I migrated our Installscript project to Installshield 2018 to support new components for Windows 10.
But I dont see Windows 10 listed under Target Machines ->Operating system in Components properties.
It has only till Windows 8.1.
I have these OS Specific components which needs to be installed on that specific OS only.
Why Windows 10 is not available?

InstallShield 2018 Premier shows "Windows 10" in the Target Machine->Operating Systems of InstallScript project.
What edition of InstallShield 2018 version you are using ?
shunt
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

I created a pretty useful knowledge article discussing Identifying WIndows 10 with an MSI - hopefully it will help explain whats going on and help any others that come across this post: https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-Knowledge/Identifying-Windows-10-with-MSI/ta-p/4166