AJungen
Pilgrim

Win8 Start-Screen, Shortcut is not pinned, why ?

Hi,

i am using a Basic MSI Installation.
I have 2 shortcuts, which should be pinned on the Start-Screen.
Both Shortcuts are visible in 'All Apps'
But only one appears on the Start Screen.
I can manualy add the missing one, but thats not the idea.

I removed the first Shortcut out of the Installer.
The other still does not appear on Start-Screen.

Any Idea ?

(See New Shortcut configuration in picture)



Greetings


Andreas
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
jesuraj
Pilgrim

solution to pin shortcut to start screen on Windows 8 system.

Hi,

Not sure, if you still have this issue or not.

This is what I did to pin a shortcut to start screen on Windows 8 system.
Define the shell properties for the shortcut to be pinned to start screen.

Click the + sign on Shell Properties.
Key Name will be defined, accept the default keyname it generated.
Expand the Key name, property and value will be displayed.

Enter {9F4C2855-9F79-4B39-A8D0-E1D42DE1D5F3},12 for the property setting.
Enter 1 for the value setting

Do this for each shortcut you want to pin to start screen.

Elizabeth.
0 Kudos
AJungen
Pilgrim

Re: Win8 Start-Screen, Shortcut is not pinned, why ?

The problem is a known bug ...

yes , i did the same you told, but windows doesn't like to connect a tile with a cmd-file.
The solution was to address the cmd.exe with my cmd-file as parameter

Andreas
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Intrepid explorer

Me Too!

jesuraj wrote:
Hi,

Not sure, if you still have this issue or not.

This is what I did to pin a shortcut to start screen on Windows 8 system.
Define the shell properties for the shortcut to be pinned to start screen.

Click the + sign on Shell Properties.
Key Name will be defined, accept the default keyname it generated.
Expand the Key name, property and value will be displayed.

Enter {9F4C2855-9F79-4B39-A8D0-E1D42DE1D5F3},12 for the property setting.
Enter 1 for the value setting

Do this for each shortcut you want to pin to start screen.

Elizabeth.


What is the significance of
{9F4C2855-9F79-4B39-A8D0-E1D42DE1D5F3},12
?
I tried that and setting the value to 1 and I still do not get the shortcuts on the Start menu.
0 Kudos
rossbcl
Pilgrim

Pin to Windows 8 Start Screen - not working

Hello!

Anybody here already resolved this issue?

I have 3 shortcuts, 1 for Windows App, and the other 2 are for two different pages on my Web App

The installer only displays the Windows App shortcut and one of the other two.

I have tried to:

  • Put the shortcuts on Separate Features
  • Put the shortcuts on different (separated) Target folder (destination)


I am using IS 2014 Primier, I put 'YES' on Pin to Windows 8 Start Screen on all shortcuts

Tried almost all suggested fixes and workarounds on the internet, but still couldn't get it.

Hope anyone from here can help me.

Thank you!



rguggisberg wrote:
What is the significance of
{9F4C2855-9F79-4B39-A8D0-E1D42DE1D5F3},12
?
I tried that and setting the value to 1 and I still do not get the shortcuts on the Start menu.
0 Kudos
tgvishnupriyabe
Flexera beginner

Problem in pinning shortcut to start menu in wind 2012 R2

i am too have the same problem. It works well on Windows 2012, but not on Windows 2012 R2 OS.

I have set the Pin to start menu option to "yes".

Even after setting the property name and value as mentioned in this post, it is not pinning.

any other way to achieve it?

thanks in advance



rossbcl wrote:
Hello!

Anybody here already resolved this issue?

I have 3 shortcuts, 1 for Windows App, and the other 2 are for two different pages on my Web App

The installer only displays the Windows App shortcut and one of the other two.

I have tried to:

  • Put the shortcuts on Separate Features
  • Put the shortcuts on different (separated) Target folder (destination)


I am using IS 2014 Primier, I put 'YES' on Pin to Windows 8 Start Screen on all shortcuts

Tried almost all suggested fixes and workarounds on the internet, but still couldn't get it.

Hope anyone from here can help me.

Thank you!
0 Kudos