cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DandamanAUS
Level 6

Where to put preqequisites for SAB installation?

Hi I was naughty and had the professional installation of installshield on our build server and not just the standalone build software.
I have since moved the GUI professional to my desktop and installed the SAB on the server. (licenced them both as well)
The issue I have though with this is that we installShield is built it does not find the prerequsisites.

I copied all the prerequsistes from
C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2014\SetupPrerequisites
to
C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2014 SAB\SetupPrerequisites
But it still does not find them... Where are they supposed to go?

Error log output:
Language English (United States) built
ISDEV : error -6003: An error occurred streaming 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86).prq' into setup.exe
ISDEV : error -7066: Your project contains a reference to the InstallShield prerequisite Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Packa
ge (x86).prq; however, this file cannot be located. Either remove the InstallShield prerequisite from your project, or locate this file.
ISDEV : error -6003: An error occurred streaming 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 Full.prq' into setup.exe
ISDEV : error -7066: Your project contains a reference to the InstallShield prerequisite Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 Full.prq; however, t
his file cannot be located. Either remove the InstallShield prerequisite from your project, or locate this file.
Building .cab files...
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
DandamanAUS
Level 6

Looks like I fixed some errors (Windows Installers files) by the copy and paste but not C++ and .net for somereason. PLEASE HELP!

Language English (United States) built
ISDEV : error -6003: An error occurred streaming 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86).prq' into setup.exe
ISDEV : error -7066: Your project contains a reference to the InstallShield prerequisite Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86).prq; however, this file cannot be located. Either remove the InstallShield prerequisite from your project, or locate this file.
ISDEV : error -6003: An error occurred streaming 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 Full.prq' into setup.exe
ISDEV : error -7066: Your project contains a reference to the InstallShield prerequisite Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 Full.prq; however, this file cannot be located. Either remove the InstallShield prerequisite from your project, or locate this file.
ISDEV : error -6003: An error occurred streaming 'C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2014 SAB\SetupPrerequisites\Windows Installer\4.5\x64\Server2008\Windows6.0-KB958655-v2-x64.msu' into setup.exe
ISDEV : error -6003: An error occurred streaming 'C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2014 SAB\SetupPrerequisites\Windows Installer\4.5\x86\Pre-Vista\WindowsServer2003-KB942288-v4-x86.exe' into setup.exe
ISDEV : error -6003: An error occurred streaming 'C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2014 SAB\SetupPrerequisites\Windows Installer\4.5\x64\Pre-Vista\WindowsServer2003-KB942288-v4-x64.exe' into setup.exe
ISDEV : error -6003: An error occurred streaming 'C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2014 SAB\SetupPrerequisites\Windows Installer\4.5\x64\Vista\Windows6.0-KB958655-v2-x64.msu' into setup.exe
ISDEV : error -6003: An error occurred streaming 'C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2014 SAB\SetupPrerequisites\Windows Installer\4.5\x86\Server2008\Windows6.0-KB958655-v2-x86.msu' into setup.exe
ISDEV : error -6003: An error occurred streaming 'C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2014 SAB\SetupPrerequisites\Windows Installer\4.5\x86\Pre-Vista\WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe' into setup.exe
ISDEV : error -6003: An error occurred streaming 'C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2014 SAB\SetupPrerequisites\Windows Installer\4.5\x86\Vista\Windows6.0-KB958655-v2-x86.msu' into setup.exe
Building .cab files...
0 Kudos
DandamanAUS
Level 6

So the file
C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2014 SAB\SetupPrerequisites\Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86).prq
contains the following:

The file is there in \SetupPrerequisites\VC 2010 SP1 Redist\x86\vcredist_x86.exe
So what is "<ISProductFolder>\ ???
ISProductFolder = C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2014 SAB?
or something else?
0 Kudos
DLee65
Level 13

This is a couple of days old but there are a few options for you.

Like you, I manually copy prerequisite stuff to the build server from my dev machine and use the format you indicate. However, this is not enough, as you discovered.

In your registry, navigate to the following path:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\InstallShield\23.0\Professional, or the appropriate version for 2014.
Add two new string entries here.
MMSearchPath
PrerequisiteSearchPath

Set the value for each to the appropriate values.
Here is an example for MMSearchPath: C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2015 SAB\Objects,C:\Build\DEVPATH\working\building\Installer\MergeModules

Note the comma separators for multiple paths.
The paths for PrerequisiteSearchPath are paths to your .prq files. Files that I customize for our product line, such as SQL Server .prq files, I commit to source control. So I have multiple paths.

If you do not want to use the registry option, you can lookup the command line options for building the project. You can insert the path to your .prq files there.
0 Kudos
DandamanAUS
Level 6

Oh thank you very much DLee65 for the registry info!

I did find them at
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\InstallShield\21.0\Professional\Project Settings
the WOW6432Node part did make me have to search for PrerequisiteSearchPath to find it.

I did mange to fix the issue by copying the prq files back into
C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2014\SetupPrerequisites
because i moved instead of copied from
C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2014 SAB\SetupPrerequisites

But now I know about the registry I am just going to update that so later on when I make changes to the SAB folder I know they will be used.

So I guess the question is how come when I uninstalled the IDE and installed the Standalone it didn't update the registry values?
The uninstall leaves the registry values I guess and the SAB installer didn't update existing ones. SAB and IDE must then use the same reg values.
Well thats a trap when changing a computer form IDE to SAB.

Saving this page for later.
0 Kudos
DandamanAUS
Level 6

Additional post for me and anyone else that gets the issue.

-prqpath
Basic MSI, InstallScript, InstallScript MSI
This parameter specifies one or more comma-delimited folders that contain the InstallShield prerequisite files (.prq) that are referenced by your project.
InstallShield provides additional ways for specifying the folders that contain InstallShield prerequisite files. For more information, see Specifying the Directories that Contain InstallShield Prerequisites.

http://helpnet.installshield.com/installshield21helplib/helplibrary/ISCmdBldParam.htm#ref-command-linetools_942613717_1033924

Thanks again DLee65 for the guidance

0 Kudos