cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andremrezende
Level 3

When installing with the msi package is it remove an older toolbox installation

Hello guys,
My company bought a InstallShield 2008 - Express Edition and, I had create a project using InstallShield 2008 - Express Edition, build a C# project and, a MSI file was create successfully.
When installing the last package of my setup I get a message "Another version of this product is already installed", and the setup doesn't continue.

When I am installing with the msi package is it :confused: possible remove an older installation? How?

Thanks,
Rezende
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
andremrezende
Level 3

This reply below help me too much:

This message is seen when the Package Code is changed but not the Product Code. (You may have gotten to this point by simply rebuilding your project since the one code is configured to change with each build.)

Change the Product Code in Express in the General Information view.

There is an Upgrade Code too in the General Information view, but this should not be changed.

That code is seen in the Upgrade Paths view.

Thanks Mike.
0 Kudos
mberterm
Level 7

Glad to hear!
0 Kudos
andremrezende
Level 3

When I call the new msi the first time it does not recognize the existing installation of previous version.
The window with ‘Remove’ is not displayed, instead only this window is displayed.
0 Kudos
mberterm
Level 7

The removal of former products is an in-line process and only shown as a note in the overall progress of the installation of the new package. I would not expect to see a 'remove' dialog.

Trusting that the 'Another version of this product is already installed' message is no longer seen, look in Add/Remove Programs. Is the former package still seen there after the installation of the new package?

I do not see an attached screen capture, but let's take a step back and make certain that we have covered the basics of configuring a major upgrade.

Please refer to these help library articles, "Upgrade Paths View" and "Creating Full-Installation Upgrades".
0 Kudos