cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darain
Level 6

Welcome 'X' button

(This is a InstallScript MSI project.)
Anyone knows why the 'X' button on the top right corner of the Welcome (first) dialog does nothing? It is supposed to close the dialog. I've found this problem on a few other custom dialogs I created. Seems to me the first dialog always disables the 'X' button.

Is it just me or is it a feature of InstallShield dialog? How can I enable it?
Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

I'm not able to reproduce this behavior in a test project.

Have you modified any of these dialogs or their script code? Can you reproduce this issue in a sample project?
0 Kudos
Darain
Level 6

I have attached a sample project to show that the 'X' button is not working.

In this project, I created one custom dialog called "SdWelcomeTest". So in function OnFirstUIBefore(), I made a single change and called OnWelcomeTest() instead of the original SdWelcome(szTitle, szMsg).

In the InstallScript "custom.rul", you can see that the OnWelcomeTest() codes are basically copied from the sample script in IS Help with slight modifications. In the switch block, there are the built-in cases DLG_CLOSE and BTN_CANCEL. Both run the Do (EXIT) step. It seems that BTN_CANCEL is working but DLG_CLOSE is not.

I set an item in the Path Variable view to point to the file source. If you unzip the attached package to c:\temp, the project will build fine. If you unzip it to another location. Please modify the pointer in the Path Variable view.

Thanks for the help.
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Please try adding the following code to the end of the dialog loop switch block:

default:
// check standard handling
if (SdIsStdButton( nCmdValue ) && SdDoStdButton( nCmdValue )) then
bDone = TRUE;
endif;

SdIsStdButton and SdDoStdButton handle internal clicks/keypresses such as the close ("X") and help buttons.

I noticed that this code is missing from the example script dialog code in our help docs. I've submitted work order IOC-000070931 to correct this in a future release.
0 Kudos
Darain
Level 6

Woohoo! That works!
Thanks a ton.
0 Kudos