cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reinyn
Level 4

Can ISCmdBld update the Product Code?

I'm trying to automate our install deployment and it looks like I only need to change two fields.

Our normal process for creating a install is to rev the Version. (which it looks like I can set with the -y switch). Then we generate a new GUID for the Product Code. If anyone has any tips or examples for changing the Product Code or automating a install build I would love to see them.

Thank you,
-Reinyn
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

The InstallShield Automation interface nas a GenerateGUID method you can use, which might help. I don't think ISCmdBld supports such a switch, other than -z for setting any property value, but you'd need something else to generate the GUID to feed to ProductCode...
0 Kudos
Reinyn
Level 4

Thanks Robert,

So something like ISCmdBld.exe - z "ProductCode=XXXXXXXX..." would set the value? I might be able to make that work.

Is there a walk through somewhere on how to start using the Automation Interface?
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

There are some samples in the help topics under "ISWiProject Object". You can also search the newsletter tip archive to get a bunch of articles dealing with Automation: http://www.acresso.com/products/installation/installshield.htm?tabContent=/products/installation/installshield/res_4744.htm.
0 Kudos