cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jihad_Maatouk
Level 2

Warning: -6248

Hi Everybody
I looked everywhere and try so many things couldn't find an answer for my problem.
I have an application that works with a windows service, it contains Crystal Reports.
Now as usual it works perfectly on my developing computer, the next step is to create the Setup with InstallShield Limited... (by the way I'm using VS2012)
I'm getting the following warning during the creation of the setup:
ISEXP : warning : -6248: Could not find dependent file Flash.ocx, or one of its dependencies of component ..._Configuration.Primary_output
ISEXP : warning : -6248: Could not find dependent file crpe32.dll, or one of its dependencies of component ...n_Configuration.Primary_output
ISEXP : warning : -6248: Could not find dependent file log4net, or one of its dependencies of component ...n_Configuration.Primary_output
ISEXP : warning : -6248: Could not find dependent file u2dmapi.dll, or one of its dependencies of component ..._Configuration.Primary_output
ISEXP : warning : -6248: Could not find dependent file u2dpost.dll, or one of its dependencies of component ..._Configuration.Primary_output
I said ok, it's only WARNINGS...
I tried to install the setup on another machine, it install perfectly but when I try to execute it, I got...
Problem signature: Problem Event Name: CLR20r3...
So Helpppppp.....
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Chaitra
Level 9

Hello Jihaad,

Could you please try adding the dependencies for all the components manually and build your setup again.

Problem signature: Problem Event Name: CLR20r3- This is a application crash error.

The error message means that a exception has been thrown from the application.
Some times this problem arises when Application is built on one PC and when we try to run the same application on another PC.

When you right click on the files that you have added, in Files View, there is an option called "Dependencies from scan at build". You can add all the dependent .dll files and build the setup.

Please let me know if this did not help.

Thanks,
Chaitra
0 Kudos
GrantK
Level 7

Did a quick search, and it appears u2dmapi.dll may be related to Crystal Reports. There is merge module for this. Try including this into your application to see if this resolves the error.
0 Kudos