Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lacks007
Level 2

WISE Installer ShortCut Issue :: Please Reply ASAP

Dear All,

I have one issue with short cut.

I will explain you to have your clear understanding.

Earlier-

1. We had a msi that deploys one RDP file to C:\ Prog Files\ Test Folder and deployed successfully. When Shortcut was made then it was like-

Command Line- C:\ Program Files \ Test Folder \ ABC.RDP.

Now -

2. I packaged one msi and removed ABC.RDP from files and put one VB script [DEF.VBS]. This VB script will auto launch remote desktop file and will put some where in temp directory of user's machine/account.
---------------------
I changed command line in shortcut and changed it to

C:\ Program Files\ Test Folder\ DEF.VBS

also I changed icon [does not matter because I tried original one as well]..

NEW: There are some modifications in this MSI

1. First of all VERSION number has been updated.
2. In Editor, REINSTALL MODE has been set to VOMUS, OMUS [and likewise because while installing new it was giving error alert of ADD / REMOVE from CONTROL PANEL].

------------------

Now this is something I have done. Now when this MSI is run, it very nicely deploys DEF.VBS file in C:\ Prog Files\ Test Folder and removes ABC.RDP from the same folder.

Now when I go to Start > All Programs > Application Name [short cut refers to], It says

ERROR MESSAGE:

"The Item " ABC.RDP" shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly. Do you want to delete this shortcut?"

Will you guys please suggest me what wrong I am doing or I am missing some section where I forgot to update.

This coming weekend, there is a release and I am one step behind this.

Please Suggest ASAP

Regards,
Luck
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
ericpaul
Level 6

No quite sure why you are asking a WISE question in an InstallShield community.

Maybe it's wise to use InstallShield ...
0 Kudos