cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jfeeney1
Level 2

Visual Studio 2012 and SQLite

I have installed SQLite using the Nuget Package Manager. My Visual Studio Reference, x64 and x86 folders look identical to this reference - http://www.tsjensen.com/blog/post/2012/11/10/SQLite-on-Visual-Studio-with-NuGet-and-Easy-Instructions.aspx

I have also setup Installshield LE as a new project -- so in my Solution I have my program and Installshiled LE

When I build my solution and look at the I get two warning messages about SQLite.interop.dll

Adding file 'System.Data.SQLite.dll' that is a dependency of component 'THCode.Primary_output'
Adding file 'System.Data.SQLite.EF6.dll' that is a dependency of component 'THCode.Primary_output'
Adding file 'System.Data.SQLite.Linq.dll' that is a dependency of component 'THCode.Primary_output'
Adding file 'System.Dynamic.dll' that is a dependency of component 'THCode.Primary_output'
ISEXP : warning -6248: Could not find dependent file SQLite.Interop.dll, or one of its dependencies of component THCode.Primary_output
ISEXP : warning -6248: Could not find dependent file SQLite.Interop.dll, or one of its dependencies of component THCode.Primary_output1

Then when I install my program on another computer I get an error message when the program first starts that says - Could not load file or assembly System.Data.SQLite .... or one of its dependencies

I am assuming that my problem comes from the warning messages above.

I am programming and building on a x86 machine. My target machine to install the program is an x64 machine.

Any ideas?
Thanks, John
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Chaitra
Level 9

Hello John,

This behaviour is seen when the installer fails to scan project dependencies.

-> Right-click Project Primary Output -> Dependencies from scan at Build ->Manually add the dependencies ( indicated by red icon ) -> Check/Un-check the files to get rid of warning 6248.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Chaitra
0 Kudos
jfeeney1
Level 2

In order to get it to work I have had to manually add System.Data.SQLite.dll and SQLite.Interop.dll even though on the SQLite.Interop.dll was the only one with a red dot when I viewed Dependencies from scan at build

Thanks,
0 Kudos