cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnErtel
Level 2

Vista options under installshield 2008

I am updating the install of a legacy application to install the program properly under Windows Vista. Is there any way to use installshield to set the application settings under Vista for the program to run in compatibility mode or run as admin?? Or is the only way for that to happen for the end user to do it after the installation?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

We have no built-in support for this at this time. For requiring administrative privileges, we recommend embedding a manifest with the appropriate Vista-specific elemenets into your main executable. For compatibility, I don't think we have an answer; it feels bizarre to "support" Vista by using its compatibility modes. Ideally if you want to support Vista with your application, it would be inside the application itself.

If you are looking to enable these options on shortcuts, there have been posts on MSDN describing things you might try with the IShellLinkDataList interface; again we have no built-in support for this.
0 Kudos
LeftSeat
Level 2

Michael,

Has anything changed in the meantime? My question is, does InstallShield Express 2008 (or, for that matter, InstallShield 2008) have provision for embedding a VISTA manifest into the main executable? I'm aware that I can embed such a manifest into the Setup.exe.

Thank you.
0 Kudos