cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rootme
Level 4

VerProductCompareVersions problem comparing installed version and product version

Hi,

I use IS11 ... and I posted this thread in the InstallShield 11 - Windows Installer Projects but it seems that Installshield 11 forums just don't get the attention anymore even if there are a lot of developers working on that. I don't know if this is used in IS2008 to compare versions.

So please if you encountered or know a solution for the problem below please help.

I use VerProductCompareVersions to compare installed version with product version in my install script project.

My app versions are:
installed: 4.1.4.0063
to install: 4.1.5.0064

The Version value of the application uninstallation registry key for the installed version is: 4010004 (4.01.004 displayed by IFX_INSTALLED_VERSION)

When I VerProductCompareVersions() I get the I already have a newer version installed. Why is that ? Because after I install the newest version in the reg key I have 4010005 (4.01.005 displayed by IFX_INSTALLED_VERSION) isn't this newer than the older version ?

Thanks for your time,
Bianca
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Happy_Days
Level 7

Not sure if this is a defect/bug with InstallShield, I prefer to use VerCompare function to compare 2 versions. If you can get hold of 2 versions to compare, then make sure each are in format a.b.c.d and use VerCompare to check the versions.

VerCompare(svItem, svItem1, VERSION);
0 Kudos
rootme
Level 4

Happy Days wrote:
Not sure if this is a defect/bug with InstallShield, I prefer to use VerCompare function to compare 2 versions. If you can get hold of 2 versions to compare, then make sure each are in format a.b.c.d and use VerCompare to check the versions.

VerCompare(svItem, svItem1, VERSION);

Thank you very much for your time and for the solution.

Bianca
0 Kudos