cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heko_76
Level 4

Help needed!!!Silent installation through Installscript Project URGENT

Hi,

I am using Installshield 2008 Professional.I have an installscript project from which i need lauch SQL express 2005. I have done that with LaunchAppandWait function. But my requirement is to have a Silent installation of SQL Express 2005 and install SQL Management studio express as well (which is an option in SQL Express 2005).

How do i do this...its urgent....
I have tried few of options doesnt seem to work.
I tried using LaunchApplication(setup.exe, " /s", WAIT)
to launch is silently but it says
"command line option syntax error " where am i going wrong.

Any help inputs shall be appreciated.....
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
alegerlotz
Level 7

The first thing to do would be to get a slient install of SQLServer 2005 working properly by launching it through a dos box... Does simply kicking off the SQL Server 2005 "setup.exe" with /s after it work for that?

If so, the first thing I'd do is remove the extra space you've added in your command line argument " /s" and make it "/s", although I doubt that this is the issue.
0 Kudos
sspencer
Level 4

I install SQLExpress using the following:

szProgram = SUPPORTDIR ^ "Sqlexpr32.exe";
szCmdLine = " /q /qn INSTANCENAME=TEST_SQLEXPRESS ADDLOCAL=ALL SAPWD=xxxx SECURITYMODE=SQL";

LaunchAppAndWait(szProgram, szCmdLine, LAAW_OPTION_WAIT);

This install SQLExpress silently. You will need to determine the options for the option for the management studio.
0 Kudos
heko_76
Level 4

sspencer wrote:
I install SQLExpress using the following:

szProgram = SUPPORTDIR ^ "Sqlexpr32.exe";
szCmdLine = " /q /qn INSTANCENAME=TEST_SQLEXPRESS ADDLOCAL=ALL SAPWD=xxxx SECURITYMODE=SQL";

LaunchAppAndWait(szProgram, szCmdLine, LAAW_OPTION_WAIT);

This install SQLExpress silently. You will need to determine the options for the option for the management studio.

Hi spencer,
thanks a lot it worked 🙂

regards,
Heko
0 Kudos
setahamid
Level 2

I have posted Solution to following Url ,
Visit It ..

http://hamidseta.blogspot.com/2008/05/install-sqlexpr32exe-silently.html

Regard
Hamid Seta .