cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ngrstad
Level 2

VSSolutionFolder incorrect after switching between Visual Studio solutions

Using Visual Studio 2013 and InstallShield 2013 LE.
This occurs when there are multiple Visual Studio solutions, all using InstallShield.

First one opens one of the solutions and checks the file dates in 'Specify Application Data'/'Files'. Initially they appear correct.
Then one opens another solution, without restarting Visual Studio. Again check the file dates, especially the ones using 'VSSolutionFolder'. They show the file dates of the other solution! The two solutions are very similar (different branches of the same software, so all files exist in both solutions). Also when I make an installation with the second solution, InstallShield uses the files of the other solution! The installation file appear correct at first, and the software can be installed, but they contain the wrong file versions!

Is this a bug in InstallShield? It appears that 'VSSolutionFolder' should be set correctly by InstallShield when switching between solutions.

Nils
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello ngrstad,

The path variable should stored in separate project files.
Were both solutions using project files split from the same project? If they were how did you redirect where the new source files are?
0 Kudos
ngrstad
Level 2

The two solutions are in two separate directories. Each solution has its own project, so nothing is shared. I switch from one solution to the other in Visual Studio (without restarting Visual Studio). The two solutions are very similar, because they are two branches of the same software. The problem is that I end up with the wrong files inside the installation file after using InstallShield. It works OK if I restart Visual Studio after switching from one solution to the other, but not if I switch solutions without restarting Visual Studio.Then 'VSSolutionFolder' seems to be pointing to the wrong solution and the installation file contains the wrong files.

Nils
0 Kudos