cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DLee65
Level 13

Using Selection Tree value to Disable Change button

I need to use the condition MsiSelectionTreeSelectedFeature="WindowsMobile" to disable the Change button on the Custom Setup dialog. However, when I set the Conditions on the push button control the control is not disabled when I select the feature "WindowsMobile". Looking at the MSI log the property MsiSelectionTreeSelectedFeature is set, but the button seems to ignore this.

What am I doing wrong? Is it possible to conditionally set Disable / Enable for the Change button based on feature tree selection? Below is an excerpt from the log verifying that the property is set, so how do I get the Change button to honor this property change?

[code]MSI (c) (50:C4) [07:50:17:709]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Modifying MsiSelectionTreeSelectedFeature property. Its current value is 'Shortcut'. Its new value: 'WindowsMobile'.
MSI (c) (50:C4) [07:50:17:740]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Modifying MsiSelectionTreeSelectedCost property. Its current value is '8'. Its new value: '0'.
MSI (c) (50:C4) [07:50:17:771]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Modifying MsiSelectionTreeSelectedPath property. Its current value is 'C:\Program Files\DeLorme\Street Atlas USA 2009 Plus\'. Its new value: 'C:\DeLorme Docs\Mobile Installs\WindowsMobile\'.[/code]
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

If you leave a feature's Destination property blank, its Change button will be disabled in the feature-selection dialog box. Its underlying components need their Destinations filled in, of course.
0 Kudos
DLee65
Level 13

Does this affect disk costing at all Robert? Thanks.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

As far as I know, it doesn't affect costing; the feature and its components are still selected, and the components have destinations...
0 Kudos