cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PiyaSinha
Level 3

Upgrade to ISMP11.5- help needed

Hi,

I could open the xml project of ISMP5.0 in ISMP11.5 and I got a *.uip file.

However I wanted to know if all the wizard beans and condition beans that work with ISMP5.0 will work in ISMP11.5?

This is because I noticed that some of the wizard beanss based on some condtion bean was not being executed in ISMP11.5

Can you please confirm if all the dialogs in ISMP5.0 will continue to work in ISMP11.5 without any modification??Require urgent help!!

Regards,
Piya
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
rmackay
Level 7

Dialogs are done much differently this time around so I am not sure how they will convert for you. It depends on if you have done customizations or not. As for conditions, etc, so of them will work, some may not. I initially tried to convert projects but in the end it was much easier to write completely new ones.
0 Kudos
PiyaSinha
Level 3

Hi,

Thanks for the response. Could you also confirm the below two points?

1. Do the custom beans( condition beans) need be registered through the Add in Manager? These custom beans worked in ISMP5.0 without registering through the Bean Gallery.

2. When I did a direct upgrade from ISMP5.0 to ISMP11.5, I noticed that some of the sequences were missing in ISMP11.5 IDE(Installation Designer->Behaviour and Logic->Sequences). Could you let me know the possible reasons for these and the possible solutions?

Need urgent help!!
Regards,
Piya
0 Kudos
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

When you open your ISMP 5.x project in ISMP 11.5, it will upgrade your project to work in ISMP 11.5. It should retain all of your project settings including dialogs, actions and files. You should recompile your ISMP 5.x custom beans against the ISMP 11.5 API and re-register those beans in the 11.5 Add-In Manager.

The ISMP 5.x projet is converted in ISMP 11.5 into a "5.x Project" which appears and behaves slightly differently than a normal 11.5 project. As rmackay points out, the major difference between a "5.x Project" and a normal 11.5 project is the Dialog editor view. Otherwise, the views within the project should be similar.
0 Kudos
rmackay
Level 7

You may find it much easier to troubleshoot your projects if you create new ones rather then trying to migrate. Most of your custom actions should still work but you will need to add them in the add-in manager in order to use them in the sequences view.
0 Kudos
gamlidek
Level 4

I strongly agree with rmackay. Create a new one and "migrate" that way. Just pay attention to the UUIDs assigned to your product, features, and components.

Oh, and you may just want to switch to InstallAnywhere 8 instead since you're already migrating your project. If you do, tell us how it went. 🙂 (That previous suggestion was more of a joke.)

cheers,

/gam/
0 Kudos
jweber
Level 6

Oh, and you may just want to switch to InstallAnywhere 8 instead since you're already migrating your project. If you do, tell us how it went.

Ha...

I'd recommend you make a backup of all your projects, then try the conversion. If things are broken maybe you should rewrite them... Take my advice on this one though, dont try to change the package names of your dialogs at the same point. It can be messy, and I had to learn the hard way.
0 Kudos