cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lou_Elston
Level 6

Upgrade tables questions

I have combined two installers into one (Product A and Product B are now combined into product A). The new Install is version 3.0, and it can update version 2.0 of A, but not versions 1.0 and 1.1 of either of products A and B.

In the upgrade table I have four entries (see attached). The first one is to determine if an upgrade of A is taking place. The second entry is to determine if Product A is less then 2.0. The third record is to detect if Product B is installed, the fourth record is to detect if product B is less then 2.0.

I have attached the log output from where it accesses the Upgrade table.
While it does set the IS_MAJOR_UPGRADE_PROPERTY, none of the other properties in the Action Property column get set....why (they are in the SecurecustomProperties property)?

I have played with various combinations in the Attributes column to no affect. Are there limits to the number of records, can you not duplicate a GUID, or what is in the attributes column, etc?

I have verified that version 1.1 of A and B are installed.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
KathyMorey
Level 10

The Action Properties in the Upgrade table get set by the FindRelatedProducts action. Can you check the log near this action?
0 Kudos
Lou_Elston
Level 6

I had mistakenly assumed that since I saw a reading of the upgrade table in the SetAllUsers custom action, that that was where the properties in the upgrade table should have been set. An examination of the FindRelatedProducts established that all four of the properties were being set. Thanks.
0 Kudos