cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nitin_Ghanwat
Level 3

Upgrade not replacing old files

Hi,
I created a upgrade for my Product but it is not replacing files for previous version, its is also not executing SQL script embedded. Only change made is changed prerequisites from "dot net framework 3.5 SP1" to "dot net framework 4.0". Though it displayes message "This setup will perform an upgrade of "---". Do you want to continue?" at the start of the installation but it is not replacing old files. It is a Basic MSI Project.
Can anybody tell what is the cause?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
dasmyth
Level 3

Are the components you are upgrading marked as shared? This can cause files to be left as the old state when upgrading.
0 Kudos
Nitin_Ghanwat
Level 3

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, components are shared. Now I changed product code and going for major upgrade but it is not going through. It displays message as "a newer version of this application is already installed on this computer..." though I'm upgrading version 2.1.1 to 2.1.2.
Please advice.
0 Kudos
praveendanam
Level 5

hi,

in upgrade wizard there is an option to automatically unistall the previous product and install the product as a new one.

secondly if upgrade wizard there is an option of upgrade only the files that has changes.

Try to use either of them.
0 Kudos