cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashutoshkumar99
Level 3

Upgrade mode :InstallShield setup not picking up existing correct path

Hi,

In my project, We have two company names,let's say ,  A in release 2019, and company name B,in current release.Issue is that ,we are using company name B in current release,but when we are using the company name B, installer does not pick existed path(Path,where last release is installed), it is behaving and installing as a fresh installation.When we use company name A in upgrade mode then , installer picks up existing path and  working fine.

We are stuck here.

I would appreciate if someone can suggest here.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @ashutoshkumar99 ,

1. When you say two company names,are you changing it via General Information->Publisher?
  2. What do you mean by upgrade mode-minor/major upgrade?
  3. If i get you thread(post) correctly,you are trying to install an upgrade having previous & current release settings.Correct me if am wrong.

Can you describe what you are trying to achieve in step by step?That could really assist us in helping you faster!!

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos

Hi Jenifer,

Yes we are updating and changing  new company name via General Information->Publisher,Here we are mentioning new company name B.

We are performing here major upgrade, installing an upgrade having latest current release settings.(changing Publisher,help and support link also)

This current major upgrade installation, working fine and taking correct preinstalled path(Install path,where I installed last setup,version 19.1) with the old  or last release company name A(in publisher setting), but when I use latest company name B in publisher, this time installer picking up default latest set installDir path(fresh installation path)instead of picking the Path where I installed last setup with version 19.1.

Upgrading 19.1 to 20.1

0 Kudos

Hi Jenifer,

Any update on the same,We are stuck here.

Please suggest any way to fix the issue.

0 Kudos

Hi Jenifer,

To clarify more this issue-

We have 2 company names,company A and company B.
We have to handle these 2 company name in fresh and upgrade mode of installation.
In fresh mode, we are using company name A, and if any user upgrades then company name B should be picked up.
but now , our installer in upgrade mode is picking up company name A.here company name B should be picked up.
We are changing company name via General Information->Publisher.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi @ashutoshkumar99 ,

1. Can you enable MSI log via Releases view by navigating through Releases->Release->Setup.exe->MSI Command line arguments
  2. Or try running setup.exe with commandline setup.exe /l*v "c:\tmp\upgrade.log" before and after upgrades?
  3. Try to troubleshoot log files if they could help

If possible do attach here!!

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos

Hi @Jenifer 

PFA logs , the logs are of before upgrade and after upgrade.

I see same company name in both log files. Could you please have a look and suggest here?

0 Kudos