cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bucko666
Level 3

Upgrade Paths

Hi,

I am having trouble with my installation picking up previous versions and upgrading them.

I have added an upgrade path, but cannot seem to get it to find the previous version and upgrade it, i constantly get the message upon installation of the upgrade:

Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel.

I have even set the upgrade path to not include min/max version and exlude the language identifier and yes to ignore remove failure. I have also made sure the the Upgrade Code of the upgrade path matches the upgrade code of the install. The upgrade path is in the same project as the main install, could that be the problem ? I'd rather not have to make a new project for every upgrade though.

The only way i have found around this problem, is to change the product code for every build, which then creates multiple entries in the end users add/remove programs
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
SherylSikora
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Are you changing the Package Code and Product Version for every build?
(If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos