cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abridean
Level 2

Updates - InstallShield 2008 Premier

When updating various software on my build machine the InstallShield update manager presented me with some updates and I accidentally selected the InstallShield 2008 Premier Trial.

How do I get rid/uninstall the trial of the Premier edition without having to uninstall the entire InstallShield 2008 Professional product?

Well, I went ahead and uninstalled InstallShield 2008 from my system and then went through the process of re-installing it and applying ALL the previous updates again. A very slow and painfull process as the download speed was an abysmal 50-60 Kb. Very long wait times 1-2 hours on average for about 6 of the updates.

After I did this I need to activate the product again, but cannot as the serial# is already registered and I can't get past the verification step.

What to do next???
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Dalef9
Level 2

Accidentally clicked on the Premier button and it went ahead without asking "Are you sure?". I just want to be back where I was.

I have no idea. Oh no, I don't want to go through that too. There must be an easier way.
0 Kudos
Dalef9
Level 2

Hi - I uninstalled/reinstalled and when I hit the register button it told me the serial number was already registered. But when I exited and came back in I was able to get in no problem. I am downloading/installing the updates now. I am happy so far - sorry if you are still stuck - I don't know what to tell you. Good luck!
0 Kudos
abridean
Level 2

I can get in as well; however, You may want to navigate to "Help" - "About InstallShield" and check if the (Evaluation will expire in xx days) shows up. I'm down to 14 days right now.:(
0 Kudos