cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FlashT
Level 4

Update procedure.

Probably my last question... as you can see I'm totally new in IS, so excuse me my dumb questions...

I got one version of application. Client installs it on its machine. Then I'm releasing new version... and what is the procedure to update it? On client machine previous version has probably installed NT service that is running during execution of new version installer. So whats the procedure of such an update?

Thank you for your help,
FlashT
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
charlieantao
Level 6

Set the new release to be a major update of the previous release. Running the new installer will completely uninstall the previous release (automatically taking care of the running service) and then install itself
0 Kudos
FlashT
Level 4

charlieantao wrote:
Set the new release to be a major update of the previous release. Running the new installer will completely uninstall the previous release (automatically taking care of the running service) and then install itself

So the only thing i need to do is to change major version? Or how do i set that? Should i leave intallation id the same or should i generate new one?
0 Kudos
charlieantao
Level 6

Look in the Media->Upgrades panel. You have various options to specify which product you want to upgrade. Since you don't ever want the 2 releases to co-exist on the same system, what you just suggested seems the right way to go
0 Kudos