cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ploskinj
Level 3

Uninstallation Issue, 2008 Driver? MSIEXEC can't find our product?

Thanks for reading, we always seem to have problems with our uninstallations and InstallShield.

With the latest version of one of our products we used IS2008, and we are setting up one of our Migration tools to remove this product. Usually we do this by the driver located in Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\(Driver folder)

We've noticed that there doesn't seem to be a 2008 equivalent to the driver folder present for 10.5. How can we set up an uninstall?

We've also tried using MSIEXEC but it's not working properly.

Thanks for any help or advice you can offer!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Idriver.exe no longer exists for script driven MSI projects starting with InstallShield 12 and newer. To uninstall an InstallScript MSI project built in IS 12 or newer from a command line, run something similar to the following:
"C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{ProductCode}\setup.exe" -l -uninst

The above command line is provided in the following articles:
http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q112578http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q105808
0 Kudos
ploskinj
Level 3

Thanks for the info, the only problem I'm seeing now is that when I uninstall using this method it wants to reboot for some reason? Can I turn that off?
0 Kudos
ploskinj
Level 3

Yeah, this is definitely weird. If I just call setup.exe with -uninst it wants to reboot, if I call it in silent mode it does not remove the application.
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Without a verbose log of the uninstall, it would be difficult to say why the reboot is occurring.

- Is the BATCH_INSTALL variable being set anywhere in your script?
- Does passing /v"REBOOT=ReallySuppress" on the end of the uninstall command line prevent the reboot?
0 Kudos
ploskinj
Level 3

The Batch Install variable is not set anywhere that I can see, and the /v"REBOOT=ReallySuppress" does not prevent the reboots (I had high hopes for that one).

You know what's weird? If I open that folder and run the set up by hand it does not ask for a reboot and works perfectly.
0 Kudos
ploskinj
Level 3

ploskinj wrote:
The Batch Install variable is not set anywhere that I can see, and the /v"REBOOT=ReallySuppress" does not prevent the reboots (I had high hopes for that one).

You know what's weird? If I open that folder and run the set up by hand it does not ask for a reboot and works perfectly.

Nevermind, it doesn't work. I'm not sure why I thought it did. It's the same.
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Can you attach a verbose log of the uninstall?
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Actually, please try adding the following to the end of the uninstall command line:
-runfromtemp

If the problem persists, then attach a verbose log if possible.
0 Kudos