cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eva_Quiles
Level 3

Uninstall some data files' types (XML, etc) with Installshield 2010 Express

Hello,

i am using Installshield 2010 Express. I create an installation routine, which copy XML data files and a LGPL license to the installation directory. I have observed that theses files are not deleted automatically by the uninstallation of the tool. I had to write a script, which deletes these files by uninstalling. Are there another posibilities to delete these files without starting a script as custom action?? can i break installshield to delete different data files' type (XML, .txt, .LGPL, etc)??? should installshield delete really and automatically all files, which are included in the installation??

Thank you in advance
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

If you include these files directly in the project, they should be installed and removed as you would expect. However if you install the files in some custom way, you will have to remove them similarly. It's generally recommended that you include the files directly, and avoid custom methods for this sort of thing.
0 Kudos
Eva_Quiles
Level 3

Hello,

I thought Installshield should work in this way, but the problem is that these files types are not removed automatically when the application is uninstalled. I have moved these files like my dlls and my .exe files to the [INSTALLDIR] and to [CommonFilesFolder], but Installshield 2010 Express does not want to remove .txt, .xml or LGPL files automatically. Is that a bug????

Thank you again
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

It's hard to tell from the information you've shared. Generally the best next step is to take a verbose log of the uninstallation of your setup (setup.exe /v"/l*v c:\everything.log", or msiexec /x your.msi /l*v c:\everything.log). You can look in the uninstallation log for indications of why your files were left behind.
0 Kudos