cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhofferber
Level 5

Visual Studio 2008

I'm new at this and am using InstallShield Pro 2009 in the Visual Studio 2008 IDE. Since the documantation assumes running from the InstallShied IDE I'm having trouble finding answers to my questions.

1. The Project Assistant doesn't have a "Build Installation" tab in the VS IDE. Builds are run from the VS IDE Build menu. This works fine but how do I configure my Build settings such as output type (single exe, CD, etc.)?

2. Where do I set up code signing in the VS IDE environment?

I'm thinking of just moving to the InstallShied IDE and abandoning the VS integration.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

From a build automation perspective, the visual studio / msbuild integration is fairly well thought out. It's nice telling TFS TeamBuild to build the solution and not have to worry about going out of process to call sabld.exe with all the right switches.

From an IDE usability perpsective, I think the VS IDE integration has always been half backed and I'm don't generally use it. I check out the ISM and then switch to explorer and open up the ISM in IS proper.
0 Kudos
pmatlock
Level 6

Christopher, I downloaded your TFS_Build_InstallShield_Example, which is great. However, I need to include 'project output' from multiple projects from my solution...is this possible?

Thanks in advance for your help
0 Kudos