cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wiggers
Level 7

Uninstall shortcut broken

Having converted a 11.5 Installscript project, I find when I try installing that I get a message to say the uninstall shortcut I try to put on the Start Menu can't be made. The shortcut points to IDriver.exe in C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1150\Intel 32 and is called with the /M[ProductCode] switch.

How do I replicate this in IS2009 as I read from the release notes that IDriver.exe no longer exists?

Mark
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Please see the InstallShield 2009 help topic "Creating Uninstallation Shortcuts for InstallScript and InstallScript MSI Projects".
0 Kudos
wiggers
Level 7

Ah, that didn't show up when I searched before...

Thanks again,

Mark
0 Kudos
wiggers
Level 7

Only problem with that method is that the shortcut gets left behind on the Start Menu when you use it!

Mark
0 Kudos
wiggers
Level 7

OK, since the help topic "Creating Uninstallation Shortcuts for InstallScript and InstallScript MSI Projects" helpfully doesn't give you any guidance how to remove the shortcut, I have found there is a function called DeleteFolderIcon() but again there's no indication where you should put it.

Any ideas?
0 Kudos
wiggers
Level 7

So, I tried putting DeleteFolderIcon() in OnMaintUIAfter() but now I find that the main product folder is left behind on the Start menu!

What used to be a simple thing in the UI is now an InstallScript nightmare. One step forwards five back....

Mark
0 Kudos
wiggers
Level 7

The non-removal of the shortcut is similar to the problem I'm having with registry entires. I tried using Enable(LOGGING) in OnMoved, but again that doesn't work.

I'm now convinced that there is a serious problem with IS2009. Unless someone can come up with a convincing explanation for why things no longer get removed on uninstallation!

Mark
0 Kudos