cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
biddleswade
Level 3

Uninstall older version of Setup Prerequisite

I have a project that installs the Crystal Reports 2008 Runtimes using a Setup Prerequisite (that runs CRRuntime_12_0_mlb.exe). There is a new service pack available for the runtimes but to install that I must first uninstall the original version of the runtimes.

Can anyone tell me how I can uninstall the original version before installing the new version with my Prerequisite?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
prashantlade
Level 4

You need to identify the installed version of the prerequisite. There is always some registry associated with this. You can use this condition in your new setup prereq and use the commandline which either upgrades the exisiting package of uninstalls the package.

But my gut feeling is, most of the packages (sp's) can be run on top of existing package so that you dont' have to worry about uninstalling this. Can you please check?

Regards
Prashant Lade
0 Kudos
biddleswade
Level 3

Thanks for your reply Prashant. Unfortunately I've tried the install of the service pack manually and it won't install over the top of the original version plus there does not appear to be an incremental redistributable.

So I'm still trying to figure out how to uninstall the original version first.
0 Kudos